Oprah has a show dedicated to her "favorite things" and she gives them away to fortunate audience members. I find the hour long saga fun but typically my gut rolls over when I realize that I have just been sucked into an hour long, self important COMMERCIAL! The information she offers is typically not that helpful to me because the LG fridge that has a TV in the door and will talk with me and I'm sure do cartwheels if I wanted it to is just not that appealing - primarily because it costs as much as our white trash american made mini pickup truck.
Today, I was getting ready for the day and was thinking of my own self important list of favorite things...which is in fact not that important but fun all the same. So, a few of my favorite things I use through the day and a shameless advertisement for each product.
Pointless...yes...but affordable and does not include a talking fridge.
1. Sally Hansen's No Chip 10 day nail color - the first I have found that actually lasts more than 48 hours!
2. Maybe it's Maybelline...Maybelline's Unstoppable Very black mascara. If there is one item of beauty I don't leave home without, this is it.
3. Coffee mate Hazelnut coffee creamer...yum!
4. Cetaphil tub of cream, so smoothly soothing for face AND body.
5. 15 SPF face sunscreen by Johnson and Johnson's "Purpose"
6. J. Crew flip flops...soothes my sole all summer (and most of winter) long :)
7. "No Tweeze" at home facial wax - ruling the unruly eyebrows without a load of mess. (I get mine at Sally Beauty Supply)
8. My light blue, 32 ounce Camelback water bottle (it's like an adult sippy cup)!
9. Catwalk Extra Strong mousse
10. Rainbath bath and shower gel by Neutrogena - I buy in bulk at Sam's club :)
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enjoy your blog
My favorite things at 40. Pants that fit. Rolling over in bed. Making it to the bathroom in time. Being able to see clearly. Biggest of all remembering where you put something in 30 seconds or less. Love Carla
Post a Comment