I am wearing a pink scarf today.
I'm a closet diva.
I like red lipstick
And high heels
Paired with anything sparkly.
Sometimes, when I shop, I am inspired by fashion
And I pretend that I am something that I am not
Which results in unfortunate purchases
that eventually end up in the back of the guest room closet.
It's a brief moment where I actually believe the lies I tell myself.
And I quickly return to my odd kind of ordinary
with a closet full of the remnants of another me.
I'm not one to wear my glamorous
impulsive
items out in public.
But today I felt new.
I played dress up all by myself,
My son was in the living room playing with his toes
I had plenty of time
I dug for the things I rarely wear.
The colors that looked fantastic on a mannequin
And when I got home did not look so glorious.
The clothes that are hidden
My pink scarf came to the surface.
I normally wear scarves with a coat, gloves and a hat.
Today
I made my black t-shirt fancy.
I put on lipstick
I powdered my nose
I put on earrings and
Piled my hair on top of my head.
I felt pretty
and new
I liked wearing a pink scarf.
Tomorrow I will go back to the weird kind of ordinary I usually am.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment